Benefits and features of RECPs
- Reduce run off.
- Consistent quality and performance.
- Retain more water than hydro mulch covers.
- Reduce sediment concentration and soil loss.
- Excellent performance in strength and durable under high velocities.
- Vegetation performs better with blankets than with hydro mulches.
- Ease of installation.
Application of RECPs
Erosion control blankets are used to prevent surface erosion and accelerate the establishment of vegetation. Typically, blankets are intended for the following applications:
- Slope protection.
- Channel and ditch linings.
- Reservoir embankments and spillways.
- Culvert inlets and outfalls.
- Dikes, levees and riverbanks.
How They Work
Erosion control blankets provide a mechanically stabilized form of immediate cover, functioning as a barrier against both the detachment and transportation phase of erosion process until vegetation or reinforced vegetation assume this function.