Siltsoxx™ is a sediment-trapping device which uses filter media materials applied with a pneumatic blower device or equivalent. Siltsoxx™ trap sediment by filtering the water passingthrough the Siltsoxx™ also allowing water to pond, creating a settling of solids behind Siltsoxx™.
Siltsoxx™ is used in any area requiring sediment control to keep runoff in the form of sheet flow. The use of Siltsoxx™ applies to areas of high sheet erosion, on steep slopes up to and exceeding a 2:1 slope, and in other disturbed areas of construction sites requiring sediment control. Siltsoxx™ may also be used in sensitive environmental areas, where migration of aquatic life is impeded by the use of other sediment controls. Filter media used in Siltsoxx™ also have the ability to bind various contaminants contained in runoff.
The sedimentation removal process associated with Siltsoxx™ involves both filtering and deposition from settling. This is different than other methods using only ponding for deposition of sediment. Ponding occurs when water flowing to the Siltsoxx™ accumulates faster than it can flow through the Siltsoxx™. However, installation technique is important for them to work effectively.
- Meets “Greater Golden Horseshoe Area Conservation Authorities” specifications for erosion and sediment control
- 100% Soil Contact
- Increases Stormwater Filtration
- Reduces Runoff
- Control of runoff velocity on slopes and within drainage channels
- Sustained vegetation health
- Allows for trapping and settling of suspended solids without major excavation, land disturbance, or pond construction
- Easily customized to fit most types of watersheds/drainage areas
- Installation of sediment traps requires no trenching, therefore soil is not disturbed upon installation or removal
- NO trenching, NO soil disturbance
- Easy removal and little disposal costs
- Can directly replace silt fence, straw bales, straw wattles, coir logs and rock check dams